PBS has an interesting series called The Secret History of the Credit Card.
I never though that credit card debt would happen to me, but it is something that I eventually dealt with. It was a difficult uphill struggle to get rid of the debt, but a great relief when it was over.
I recommend watching the PBS video series.
I still have credit cards but I made some important changes and have these tips to offer from my experience:
- Use a separate credit card for all business expenses.
- Don't spend more than you can pay off during the month.
- Don't carry credit cards in your wallet.
- Don't have more credit cards than you can keep track of. Too many different due dates can throw you off.
- Make sure you know how much interest you are paying on your credit cards.
- Don't declare Bankrupcy.
- Credit Card Debt — A serious problem...
- Bankruptcy — Bankruptcy is a tempting solution to credit card debt, but I think that is a mistake that can cause problems in the future.
- Bankruptcy Law — More information about Bankrupcy law.
Bookmark/Search this post with: